StoneTech™ Marble Polishing Powder
StoneTech Marble Polishing Powder is a non-acidic marble polishing compound that also removes light scratches, mild acid etching, light wear patterns and restores the surface to an even polished finish. For use on most marble, limestone, travertine and terrazzo.
- Removes light scratches.
- Removes mild acid etching.
- Restores natural polish.
- Rejuvenates polish.
- Cleans and polishes.
- Easy application.
- No hazardous vapors.
Directions for Marble Polishing Powder :
- Always test in a small inconspicuous area to determine ease of aplication and desired results.
- Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to polishing.
- Make sure surface is flat and smooth.
- Deep scratches or strong acid etching may require StoneTech Honing Powder applied in multiple applications.
- Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with StoneTech Professional™ Klenz All™ Heavy Duty Stone & Tile Cleaner as applicable.
- Mask off baseboards, carpet, etc. with protective plastic and / or blue painter's tape.
- If using Polishing Powder following the use of Honing Powder™ products, ensure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used.
- Apply about 1/2 cup Marble Polishing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
- Refinish using a hand orbital sander or a weighted heavy-duty 175 rpm floor machine at 130 to 140 lbs., 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad.
- Keep compound wet while buffing with plenty of water. Add Polishing Powder as needed.
- Buff area until desired level of polish is achieved.
- Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all excess compound.
- Follow with Shining Powder™ Marble Shining Powder if desired using a new Gorilla pad.
- Clean equipment with water.
NOTE: It is best to use Honing Powder 800 before using Marble Polishing Powder.
Coverage: Approximately 800 to 1,200 sq. ft. per jar of Marble Polishing Powder, depending on type of stone and level of polish desired.
$1.00 per square foot.
To achieve a highly polished surface on soft marble: Follow with StoneTech Shining Powder™ as applicable.
Proper care of honded and polished stone:
To maintain the stone’s natural beauty, seal the surface with Stone Sealer, Impregnator Pro™, Sta-Clene or Bullet Proof.
For maintenance cleaning, use StoneTech Revitalizer™ or StoneTech All Purpose Stone & Tile Cleaner.
NOTE: THIS PROCESS SHOULD ONLY BE USED BY EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS.
DEFINITELY NOT FOR THE HOMEOWNER!!
Stone and Marble Cleaning, Honing, Polishing, Portecting and Sealing Products:
Stone and Marble Cleaning, Honing, Polishing, Portecting and Sealing Articles:
StoneTech™ Professional Products™ Material Safety Data Sheets
Marble Polishing Powder Order Form:
Marble Polishing Powder is non-discountable. Price subject to change without notice.
To add Marble Polishing Powder to current order, place the quantity you would like in the "Desired Quantity" box and click on the "Order Item" button.